Malade

So there’s been a cold going around the group and I did so well avoiding it…until the day before yesterday. I’ve been busy for the past few days, so I got less sleep than I should have. On Tuesday, Rebecca and I went to a meeting at Sciences Po, and then to Tracy’s art exhibit. I had lots of fun with Rebecca; she’s a sweetheart. Unfortunately though, the exhibit was outside and it was a cold night. The following morning, I woke up feeling very worn out and congested. I know that the change in season explains a lot. I’m trying to preempt a downturn by drinking orange juice. I also swear by Emergen-C packets and lots of water. Yesterday, my big highlight was dinner with Kelsey and Alyssa. Alyssa came up and cooked up the steak, which we paired with salad and some peppers. The three of us swapped stories, and grins about how great meat was. Most of us have been eating relatively simply, and thus it’s a big treat to have a nice home-cooked meal. Today I woke up for French class, but immediately wanted to go back to bed. I made a brief appearance in class, and then I had to leave because I was so groggy and congested. The bus ride home is great, because I don’t have to walk through Montparnasse metro, and I get to see scenery. The best “sight” today goes to the gentleman with the stellar moustache! I wish I could have taken a picture. As for now, I am drinking tea and orange juice and reading in bed.