Coffee and fatigue

Yes, I have been “lazy” and I haven’t posted recently. As for today, for lack of anything very interesting, I’d like to talk about coffee. Seriously, there have to be a million different ways to drink coffee around the world. The European favorite is surely a simple esspresso. As a sugary, creamy coffee fan, that took some getting used to. But now I drink them regularly. It’s one euro or one euro twenty for a quick pop of caffeine. There must be a million different cafés throughout Europe each serving many esspressos a day…What a business!

Today I am especially tired and I keep thinking about  my favorite energy boost. I had my coffee brewed in the pot, but I could have used more when I was studying at the library.  My usual route to and from the sixième arrondissement where my school is takes me by dozens of cafés.  In the morning, I take the bus from Vanves to the corner at the  Alliance Française. While on the bus I stare out the window appreciating just how many cool looking cafés there are. Then in the afternoon I take the metro. The afternoon commute involves a walk to the line 4 metro, one stop to the Montparnasse station and a long haul underground to change to the line 13, and then a few stops to Vanves. When I am underground (gross) in Montparnasse for what seems like an hour, I always wish I could be sitting in one of the cafés on the streets above. Next time I will indulge, because there is no shortage of coffee in this city for sure. And that brings me to my plan for now: go to sleep and when I wake, hit a café!

parisian-cafe-at-dusk-kent-sorensen